Aviation Degrees and Certificates
Become a Professional Pilot! It’s a great time to start training for an aviation career—rising salaries, signing bonuses and retention bonuses, travel benefits—and with the pilot shortage expected to continue for the next 10 to 15 years, there have never been more opportunities!
Ratings you can earn: Private (Part 141), Instrument (Part 141), Commercial (Part 141), Multi-Engine, Flight Instructor, Instrument Flight Instructor, Seaplane
What are the top reasons for choosing to do your flight training at NMC?
- Our small size allows for lots of personal attention
- Associate and Bachelor degree options
- Faster track to a professional pilot job
- All flight training completed in the first two years
- Start building time sooner, get hired sooner
- Lower overall costs than other collegiate programs
- We are VA-approved
- Beaches, lakes, festivals—enjoy your free time in beautiful Traverse City!
Where do I start? Contact the Aviation Division at (231) 995-2911 or aviation@ to get program information and schedule a visit to see for yourself if NMC is the right place for you.
- Davenport University »
- Davis Aerospace Technical / Detroit Public Schools »
- Ferris State University »
- Howell High School »
- Kalamazoo RESA »
- Kent Career Technical Center »
- London Metropolitan University »
- University of Hertfordshire »
- University of Liverpool »
- University of the West of England »
- West Michigan Aviation Academy »
NMC Partners With Regional Airlines
NMC Aviation has signed partnership agreements with regional airlines seeking to recruit NMC Aviation graduates for pilot positions. NMC flight students and graduates can take advantage of sponsored opportunities to visit company headquarters, observe training, receiving mentoring, and interview for conditional job offers through Envoy, Republic, ExpressJet, and SkyWest.
Regional Airlines Offer Signing Bonuses
As regional airlines compete for qualified pilot applicants, many airlines are offering signing bonuses for new hires, with some bonuses exceeding $20,000. See the list by looking at "The Grid" in the latest Aero Crew News issue at
Show your NMC Aviation Pride!
In the News:
UP NORTH LIVE
Oct 30, 2019
TRAVERSE CITY RECORD EAGLE
Oct 7, 2019
INTERLOCHEN PUBLIC RADIO
July 11, 2019
June 8, 2019
TRAVERSE CITY RECORD-EAGLE
May 23, 2018
July 1, 2017
“We're trying to develop relationships with the students at NMC earlier and earlier all the time; it's a tremendous asset for us to have that.” - Matt Besaw, Air 甘肃快3开奖结果 Inc. Director of Operations
March 11, 2016
"According to one analysis, in the next 20 years the supply of people to fly America's planes will meet just two-thirds of the demand."
March 9, 2016
February 9, 2015
April 7, 2015